Monday, November 6, 2017

Paper bead bracelet.

Once I got started I couldn't stop. For now all the beads are one shape but you can make different shaped beads. I think I'll just stick to these though.

I used metal spacer beads in between each of the paper beads.

The left is the scrapbook paper that I used to make the beads. I really like the way this one turned out.


After you're done rolling the bead you glue the end down. Then the bead gets rolled in embossing ink and then covered in embossing powder. It's then heated to melt the embossing powder creating a hard shiny surface on the bead.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my GOSH!!! This one is beautiful!! If you make several of these for the craft show, you could sell them for a lot, and make tons of money!!! People love designer one of a kind jewelry.

MadSnapper said...

it really is beautiful and I love the tapered ends of the beads. there is no way I would know these are paper unless you told me... love it

Anonymous said...

Love, love love! The paper you used is beautiful. Oh how fun.

Out on the prairie said...

those really came out nice

Sharkbytes said...

Shucks- we used to just varnish them. I guess the modern equivalent would by polyurethane.

Sandee said...

I love that bracelet. It's beautiful.

I'm so happy you're having fun.

Have a fabulous day, Ann. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to Gibbs. ♥♥♥

Grace said...

I expect a lot of people will like this a lot - I need more sparkle or shine - or something. Pretty tho ...

Duni said...

Beautiful! I've never rolled paper to make beads before.

Pam said...

Oh Ann, those look amazing. Great job.

BeadedTail said...

It turned out lovely! You could sell those for Christmas!

Reeni said...

I love it! The beads are gorgeous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails